Light sussex cross hen or roo?

Urbanearthmum

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2016
Help would be appreciated, was sold as a light sussex cross and seller was 90% certain they were a hen but now I'm not so sure. Approx 5 months old not crowing (yet). Can't have roos where I live unfortunately.

Attachments

• chook1.jpg
    chook1.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 47
  • chook2.jpg
    chook2.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 14
I'm not positive,,, but do get the vibe that it may be a roo. :(
I'm going by the shape of feather tips. Sharp, rather than rounded. I never had this breed though.. I know it is not answer you wish for. Maybe others have better opinions/observations, that had this breed.:idunno
I'm in same boat as you are. Cant keep roosters where I live also.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Really appreciate the responses t'was as I feared! I'll give him another few weeks to be certain but good to prepare myself.
First time dispatching eek (could rehome but being a cross will prob just end up in someone's cook pot anyway :( )

Really appreciate the responses t'was as I feared! I'll give him another few weeks to be certain but good to prepare myself.
First time dispatching eek (could rehome but being a cross will prob just end up in someone's cook pot anyway :( )
Can you return to seller and explain the circumstances, and get a grown hen as replacement??? and I don't mean free replacement, just someone that would be able to take in a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom