Light Sussex

codewarrior65

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 3, 2018
Holliday, MO
Hello all,
Been a while since I posted. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Man the time flies for sure.

I am looking at maybe getting some Light Sussex for doing some experimenting with crossing them up with either a RIR or New Hampshire Red roo. I am finding not many places have them and they are somewhat distinct. Has anyone on here had experience with the breed? I have found Walt's Ark Ranch in Colorado that offers a good line I think. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I've never had a Sussex, but I would think a Light would be just like a Speckled. So, I would ask about any Sussex. I think they may be similar to the NHRs.
Good luck with your Light Sussex! I've never heard of a Light Sussex before, so I looked up pictures of them. They sure are pretty birds! I hope to someday get a Sussex or two.

I've never had a Sussex, but I would think a Light would be just like a Speckled. So, I would ask about any Sussex. I think they may be similar to the NHRs.
Good luck with your Light Sussex! I've never heard of a Light Sussex before, so I looked up pictures of them. They sure are pretty birds! I hope to someday get a Sussex or two.
Yes, they kind of reminded me of Delawares or Columbians. Only three places in the US I have searched that sell them. The cross is called Gingernut Ranger. Good egg producer.

Back
Top Bottom