Like Westside Story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LarryPQ, Sep 19, 2009.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    So this morning I let the chickies out to free range in the yard while I tidied up the coop. I went inside for a minute, and when I came back out all 15 of the big chickies were standing at full attention looking towards the playhouse. Hawks are somewhat rare in the middle of the city, but you still occasionally see them. SO- I grabbed an empty 5-gallon water bottle (they were by the door) and got ready to make a big *PONG* sound.

When I came around the corner, I found an female duck checking out the chickens.

Chickens check out duck.
    Duck gives evil eye, chickens give evil eye.
    They step left, she steps right.
    The bop, she hops.
    They dip, she flips.

Then my three-year-old came outside all hustle and bustle and the duck flew away.

The chickies seemed confused, then promptly forgot the incident. I guess the duck went back to the park.

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Heeheehee...bet that was FUN to watch [​IMG] Why is a video camera never around when funny things happen????

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    For the same reason the neighbors are only getting their AC repaired when you have to run outside naked.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

Been there, done that... there wasn't a T-shirt!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by