Limp leg niacin recovery speed question

Perfect thank you I stopped the niacin powder.
The only one I was giving oral niacin too was the one with the leg issue.
The others got some niacin mixed in the water source. I know some gets wasted.

The 5 other ducks are all healthy as are the 8 chickens , just this one started the day after we got it. So Wednesday.

The brewers yeast was tab form I crushed in a mortal/pestle and sprinkled in food , 1 tab per 1 big bowl.

I purchased duck starter and chicken starter and have both out and available to all.

I did just seperate the lil duckling with 2 small chickens as the duckling was being trampled, it is holding it's own but figured a second brooder wont hurt.

So at this point the consensus is 1ml of high level b per day over threats for all?

Should I keep doing the 1ml oral for the one seperate ?

I am familiar and comfortable giving orally

Thanks
I would just to make sure that one is getting all of what it needs.

We’re waiting on exact dose for these very young ones so I’d go with half a ml to start. Do you have kitchen scale to weigh your duckling? How are you giving the liquid b you have to be very careful when giving anything oral. Best to just give one drop at a time right under the tongue to keep the little from aspirating.

We’re waiting on exact dose for these very young ones so I’d go with half a ml to start. Do you have kitchen scale to weigh your duckling? How are you giving the liquid b you have to be very careful when giving anything oral. Best to just give one drop at a time right under the tongue to keep the little from aspirating.
I have a small syringe j use on my conjures and the lil duck will lap out of the syringe as it has a wide mouth so it has not been an issue for aspiration, I allow the duckling to open up from the side of the mouth and it takes it readily.

So unfortunately the scale I have wont take its weight it was for reloading and errors out as the baby is too heavy ,

Duckling is 5 inches long at rest and 3 inches wide I know that does not help much.

20200403_110938.jpg
20200403_110936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom