Limping chick

bangi

Songster
9 Years
Nov 22, 2014
Jalalabad,Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
One of my chicks recently hatched has been unable to walk properly.
He was limping a little bit 3 days ago,however he was able to set limped foot on ground and was able to move it.
Today,he is just dragging that foot after him,and I have thoroughly checked for an injury,and their are no signs of one.
I'm giving them multivitamins supplement from the first day.

Do the vitamins you are using include riboflavin (vitamin B2?) That is very important for curled under toes and leg problems. There could be a slipped tendon or a leg bone deformity as well. I would try to make a little shoe with tape, and get riboflavin for the chick. Foods rich in riboflavin are egg yolk and plain yogurt in small amounts. Just a little extra is needed, along sith her chick feed. Here is a good picture of how to tape the toes straight:
1585227447680.jpeg

Thank u for your response.
Yes, multivitamin that I give them contains B2.
He is holding his feet in the air,he is not stepping it on the ground.
Do the vitamins you are using include riboflavin (vitamin B2?) That is very important for curled under toes and leg problems. There could be a slipped tendon or a leg bone deformity as well. I would try to make a little shoe with tape, and get riboflavin for the chick. Foods rich in riboflavin are egg yolk and plain yogurt in small amounts. Just a little extra is needed, along sith her chick feed. Here is a good picture of how to tape the t

Back
Top Bottom