limping chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thehappynunu, Feb 20, 2013.

1. thehappynunu

thehappynunu Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2012
    My beloved Easter Egger, Beatrice, has been limping for about a week. It seems like it gets better but then it gets worse again. She is eating, drinking, and laying like normal. She does sit down once in a while and is the last one out of the coop(used to be the dominate one). I checked her feet and nothing looks to be visibly wrong. Is there anything I can do and does anyone know what's wrong with her? Pulled muscle?

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Anything that looks like this? That would be bumble foot. It could just be a pulled muscle or bruised leg from jumping down from perches as well.
  3. chickenoverlord

chickenoverlord Chillin' With My Peeps

Do u have a rooster? If u do, he could have harmed her during mating ( srry, it sound kinda pervy) My rooste dislocated one of my hens hips, but I just put her in a cat carrier for a fe days and she was fine:)
  4. tagy

tagy New Egg

Feb 20, 2013
    Help plz! I had 4 chicks one died 3 days ago. He walked like a duck and his legs kept shaking all the time. Now another one is having the same problem. He walks like a duck and legs shaking. He seems to fall sometimes the walks again. He eats and drinks normally. What can i do to help him? Why is this happening? I dont want him to die plz help!
  5. thehappynunu

thehappynunu Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2012
    No, her foot looks normal. I'm guessing she just bruised it because she is acting fine other than limping. I still get a beautiful green egg from her everyday. Not too worried about it, I just want to see what people think. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by