Limping Duck. Bumblefoot?

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I should have read that a few more times...
hmm.png
Definitely don't want to poison my ducky! Thankfully though, I don't think I hurt her and she's already starting to look/act better!
big_smile.png
That's great news!!

So someone said earlier that I should give her a probiotic when I'm done with the Duramycin. Does anyone know what type I should use?
smile.png

So someone said earlier that I should give her a probiotic when I'm done with the Duramycin. Does anyone know what type I should use?
smile.png

Most feed stores carry a powdered probiotic for livestock. I know for chickens you can give them good quality plain yogurt but not sure a duck will eat yogurt. So check with your feed store or TSC. You want to put back the good bacteria that the antibiotic killed along with the bad. How is she doing?

smile.png

The one put out by Sav-A-Chick would be fine. I personally use a human one called FloraGen 3. I get mine from the pharmacy and it's kept in the fridge so you would have to ask for it. Good stuff and it does double duty between the birds and us. More expensive than the Sav-A-Chick but to me well worth it as I only need one capsule sprinkled on their feed.

Thanks guys! I should be able to find something for her at the feed store then. She seems to be doing a lot better. Her foot is still kind of hard in the center pad, but she`s been standing and putting some weight on it without acting like it really hurts. Before she wouldn't even stand up unless I was trying to catch her or something, so having her standing on her own without provocation is a big deal.
smile.png

What if I put iodine on my ducks spit and it gets in its pool. Would that be bad. I just dont know how to do it. I got iodine for their feet but dont know what would happen because if they got in their pool and got it in the water and drank the water....

What if I put iodine on my ducks spit and it gets in its pool. Would that be bad. I just dont know how to do it. I got iodine for their feet but dont know what would happen because if they got in their pool and got it in the water and drank the water....

Seems to me if you put a few drops of clear iodine on the foot and let it dry, it would not get into the water. If it is a kiddie pool, a drop in all that water .... Might bind to some of the stuff (poo) in the water, but if it had dried on the foot it would bind to the duck.

Back
Top Bottom