Limping leg

Mayochick

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
Hello, I posted a couple days ago about my chicken limping her right leg. She did recently got injured by another hen. She was poked so much in the head she started bleeding. Her head is starting to heal now, but this was before I noticed her limping. I’m not sure how it happened, but it’s been 3 days now and she’s still the same. She’s eating, drinking, and pooping really good. She looks really good it’s just her leg seems to be bothering her and I don’t know how to help her. I did my best taking some photos of her feet. Sorry it’s it’s hard to tell. It doesn’t look like bumble feet because it does not look like the pictures I see online. She bump is also very soft and squishy so I’m assuming it’s just her skin. Please help me on how to fix her leg. I also wanted to post a video to show she’s eating good. She was eating scrambled eggs

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    504.6 KB · Views: 5
Well, somehow she injured it, hard to know how. She could've jumped off something and landed on it wrongly.
I don't think she has bumble foot, her feet look good and I don't see any scabs.
All I would do is keep her separated and let her rest, and hopefully her leg will slowly heal. It would be best to have her in a dog crate in your chicken run so she can still see the flock, but can't come into contact with them.
You can get some Vitamin B Complex and give her 1/2 a tablet every day to help her leg heal.

Does her foot seem numb or partly paralyzed? Does she curl her toes under? Was she vaccinated for Mareks? I might try giving a 1/2 tablet of human vitamin B complex crushed in her food. Keep her from overusing the foot, for some time, to see if it helps.

Does her foot seem numb or partly paralyzed? Does she curl her toes under? Was she vaccinated for Mareks? I might try giving a 1/2 tablet of human vitamin B complex crushed in her food. Keep her from overusing the foot, for some time, to see if it helps.
No she can move for leg and feet she just has a hard time walking with that leg all of the sudden, and no none of my chicken are vaccinated for mareks. I’ll definitely do my best to give her those vitamins everyone suggests. Thank you hopefully this helps eventually, and I hope it’s not mareks cause she does her best to stand and walk here and there and her feet still curl when she feels like doing that

Well, somehow she injured it, hard to know how. She could've jumped off something and landed on it wrongly.
I don't think she has bumble foot, her feet look good and I don't see any scabs.
All I would do is keep her separated and let her rest, and hopefully her leg will slowly heal. It would be best to have her in a dog crate in your chicken run so she can still see the flock, but can't come into contact with them.
You can get some Vitamin B Complex and give her 1/2 a tablet every day to help her leg heal.
Does this look like the start of mareks? I have those vitamins that I’ve used in the past with my other chickens I’ll definitely give her some and hopefully it works.

Does this look like the start of mareks? I have those vitamins that I’ve used in the past with my other chickens I’ll definitely give her some and hopefully it works.
I think she just injured her leg somehow, I wouldn't be concerned about mareks yet.

Back
Top Bottom