Link to pix of my completed coop. Feedback appreciated.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bawkbawkbawk, Aug 7, 2009.

1. We are declaring our coop finished! Possibly the only coop on my coast (or any) featuring Corinthian columns. DH wanted to build it into an existing area to make it less prominent - chickens are permitted where we live but we have a very active Homeowners Association and lots of picky neighbors who like to dictate what is and is not permitted.

Here's a link to my pix:

http://polloplayer.wordpress.com/

Would appreciated any comments - seems to be working well so far but am sure the experts on BYC can provide constructive criticism. [​IMG]

2. ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike Songster

Jun 12, 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Splendid! Wow, that's a great setup - very clean and secure! Congrats!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Talk about an elite coop for chickens! They must have died and went to heaven! [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well I'm no eggspert, but I think your coop is very creative. I can't see any member of the homeowners association finding fault with what you've created...it's very discrete, yet functional. I really like the sweepout doors! I think Chicken Emperor did fine work!

5. featherbaby

featherbaby Songster

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    What a Coop de gras ! You did a marvelous job on it and I applaud you for your efforts at stealth regarding neighbors. I have the same issue and have no wish to be 'voted off the block' or worse: forced to give up something I dearly love. The rebel in me says," for the exorbitant amount of taxes I pay for my waterfront property I should be able to do any d**n thing I want to in my back yard (short of waterskiing naked, of course). Perhaps I should threaten the neighbors with that if they complain about the chickens, HA!

I particularly liked your clever turn of phrases and literate description of things that made me smile. Your intelligence and wit are refreshing.

I am painting my brand new coop today and looking forward to stocking it in about 3 weeks. I'm getting very excited. I will have only Silkies. I particularly like white, buff, splash and lavender. We'll see what's available when I get to the breeder. I've named the coop Cluckingham Palace. It doesn't have the grandeur of your columns, but it has a certain cottage charm. I'll post pictures when I can figure out how to up load them. I was pleased to see we have a patron saint. We need all the help we can get! HA!

May all your eggs be fertile
    May your predators be few
    May your hens be fat and happy
    And may your ribbons all be blue

6. Garlydog

Garlydog In the Brooder

Jul 20, 2009
    Joliet, IL
    Very nice. Thanks for posting the pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: