linoleum flooring?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
i have some linoleum and im wondering if its a good coop floor?
do you glue it down or just lay it in?
should i use it on the dropping boards to

We used linoleum in our coops. So far so good! We glued ours down because my sister just nailed hers and the chickens pulled it up and destroyed it.

Yes, linoleum is great for coop floor and dropping boards. I used it for the floor of our coop, gluing it down and using quarter round trim around the edges.

From DH (as she puts it): We just finished 'flooring' both bases for our DUPLEX Lil Tikes Playhouses/coops. The first base was done using carpet tape (double sided sticky stuff) and the second was done using Elmer's spray adhesive. I know from experience, the adhesive will be harder to deal with when it is time to 're-floor', however, I was able to do it without assistance. The carpet tape required the help of my SO (wifey) and was a snap to do. We just don't know how long either of these will last.

History: looking for linoleum at the local HD, found a roll in the back of the bin that suited our needs and the edges were damaged. Bought the whole roll (8x12) for less than what a 6x8 roll would have cost! SWEET!!!!

1st phase of Duplex should be completed today. Yesterday's effort, with the 1st linoleum, seems to be working out okay for the chics. Oh, and I think momma will be much happier trying to clean the area. I hope my effort is appreciated.

Holy Cow!!!! How much DOES the first egg cost?!?!?!?

Quote:
my coop is new... but i had it put down on the floor with glue... and im doing deep litter so i had it put on the boards surrounding the floor as well... and they did put it on the poop boards.... they nailed it into the poop boards .. i was told they ran out of glue....

i havent cleaned anything out yet... but i cant imagine it will be difficult to do with linoleum down

I've been thinking about using linoleum too, but I'm worried it will be too slick. I know the obvious solution to that is to lay down bedding, but the idea, for me, was to be able to hose it out (I have ducks that poo a LOT!)
Is it too slick?

I came her to ask the same thing... I put vinyl floor tiles in my coop yesterday and it is pretty slippery. I'm going to cover it with pine shavings, but wonder if it will still be slippery or not, especially with the digging and sending the shavings flying everyone. They aren't out there yet (it's not done) but that's what they try to do in their brooder.

Back
Top Bottom