Linoleum/Vinyl Flooring.....

If I had to do it again I would do a sheet of lanoleum instead of the 12 x 12 squares but I am happy with the vinyl flooring. Easy to clean and I have about a 4 - 6" cushion of pine shavings on top and no issues with sliding or anything - the girls seem quite content!

I have vinyl flooring in my coop. It is much easier to clean and the chickens have not slipped on the shavings on top. I just noticed that under the waterer, the vinyl is pulling up. I have no leaks in the coop, but I guess they are banging into the waterer and a little moisture is causing the the vinyl to buckle and the corners are sticking up. I had to cut the corners in fear that one of the chickens would get hurt. Otherwise, its sooo much easier to clean!
thumbsup.gif

I simply painted my plywood floor. Sealed the edges with caulk and then 2 coats of oil based primer, 2 coats of exterior paint. Seals up the floor nicely, no slip, don't have to worry about vinyl coming up or water getting under it and rotting the floor (or getting moldy). And best yet - it was FREE because it was left over paint. I have about 5 inches of shavings on top and fluff it weekly with a garden rake. Sweep out all shavings twice a year and whatever poo reached the floor (which is really minimal) washes up with basic soapy water. If you use the squares, they will eventually lift off when you catch them with your rake...

We did and have had no problems. It was a remnant with some texture to it and no slipping but I lay the bedding on pretty thick, couple inches at least.

Back
Top Bottom