List of does and don’t s for chicken feeding.

Bmhughes89

Chirping
Apr 3, 2018
Wilmington nc
Hey ya’ll,
Been a while since I’ve been on here. The new farm and wedding has us slammed. We will be away from the farm for a week following the wedding and will have a couple friends staying in the camper to watch the farm while we are gone. I’m planning to make a list of do’s and don’ts for what to feed the chickens, pigs and goats. We’ve been planning to do this for a while to post on each pen for when we have get togethers and people want to feed the animals scraps, but haven’t had time. Just curious if anyone else has done this type of list and if there is anything you realized you should have put on your list. I’ll try to remember to upload my current lists after I get chores done tonight.
Thanks!

I’ve had friends take care of my animals for a few days and to make it simple I always make a list of stuff they like and a list of stuff they absolutely can’t have. I tell them to stick to the list of stuff they like and call me if they get into anything on the bad list. For example, on the “stuff the like” list for chickens I might put apples, bananas, pumpkin seeds, anything I know they’ll eat so it won’t end up sitting on the floor for days and going bad. And on the “no” list for chickens I’ll put avocados, green potatoes, rhubarb, etc. and I tend to err on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom