[LIST - Over 1,000 names!] Chicken names!

Currently we have a roo named Rufus (Roo+doofus because he was sorta dorky when he was roo #2), and hens named (Henny) Penny, Mysty (she was a mystery chick), Sofia (brown leghorn so she gets an Italian name), Whitey, Blackie, Red and Brownie (the last 4 for obvious reasons). We also have "the barred hens" (2) whom we can't tell apart. We used to have two barred hens who were "the Lilies" or "the Lilybirds" because when they were babies they of course were black with a white head spot, and DH had a coworker named Lily who has black hair with a white streak. And we had 2 Buff Orpingtons who I was starting to call "Buffy", but DH started calling them Sweetie, which morphed into Tweetie, which my little 5-yr-old (at the time) niece thought was the best name ever for a chicken. And we used to have a (Honey) Bunny (Henny Penny's sister) and a rooster named Stew. Stew got too mean and lived up to his name very tastily! And my favorite hen ever (may she rest in peace) was originally named Fraidy Bird because she was the freakiest chick ever - everything startled her and she hated being handled way more than the others. Then one day she jumped on my shoulder at scratch time, and kept on until she died. So I had to change her name to Frieda.
There was also a young roo who DH named Bo. I somehow always envisioned it as Beau, and one day jokingly called him Beauregard T. Rooster, and added that the T stands for Tiberias (Star Trek TOS fans will understand). Not long after that, he died too. RIP.

Roosters

EE - Magoo
Brahma - Brutus
Welsummer - RooD
Salmon Faverolle - RooPert
Jersey Giant - Big Yeller
Black Australorp - Zorro
SLW - HiHo Silver

Hens

EE's
Marshmallow
Butterscotch
Toffee
Smokey
Caramel
Painter (she helped DH paint the coop, white paint streaks all over)

Dom - LapADoodle
SLW - Broody
SS - Dottie
Lt. Brahma - Princess Laya

Turkey

Willamina (arrived with one eye shut & before we knew sex was dubbed, One Eye Willie, from the movie Goonies. After finding out he was a she, she became Willamina. She is blind in the right eye, unfortunately runs into many things & has to be reminded where the feed & water are. She is very sweet and when DH picks her up and starts talking to her she lays her head on his chest and purrs. Ok, well not purrs, but turkey purrs.
wink.png

So far the others are called by breed. No other individual names yet.

Thanks Sgsf for compiling all these names. Lots of inspiration, chuckles, and laughs.

OK here are the names of my flock (sorry if there are duplicates of what you already have)

EE roos:

Merlin
Maddox
Jeeves
Rusty

Mille fleur d'uccle roo: Waffles

silver sebright roos:

Beavis
Butthead

Banty hens:
Ruffnut
Tuffnut
Betty
Boopsy
Dutchie
Sif

BO hens:
Merriweather
Flora
Fauna
Lacey
Maisey

EE hen:
Astrid

NEW CHICKS UNDETERMINED GENDERS:

EE:

Saffron
Snickerdoodle/Snickers/Snickles
Droobles

Banty mix:

Little Brittle/Bitsy

EE/BO mix:

Patchoulli

Just for fun! I know this is a chicken name list, but I have lots of feather-butts!

Ducks- Pekin drakes:

Donald
Deunen(pronounced doo-nan)
Scrooge McDuck

Ducks- Rouen hens:
Drisella
Prunella

Ducks- black runner rouen cross drakes:
Hiccup
Toothless

cockatiel hens:
Pixie