Listless, shivering, shallow breathing

I wonder if at 5 weeks old she just got too cold with autumn coming in?
I considered that too. She was VERY COLD when I found her. She shivered for about 3 or 4 hours after I brought her in and held her to my chest. As a precaution, I added a heat lamp to the coop for the rest of them as it got down to 34 degrees last night.

I bet that was the problem. She is just extra sensitive for some reason. If it were middle of winter with 35 degree temps, i would naturally think heat lamp at night with 5 week olds.
But being end of summer, it would not cross my mind to turn one on. How is she doing?

I bet that was the problem. She is just extra sensitive for some reason. If it were middle of winter with 35 degree temps, i would naturally think heat lamp at night with 5 week olds.
But being end of summer, it would not cross my mind to turn one on. How is she doing?
She is doing amazing! She's eating practically every time I check on her. She seems happy to see me. She ate all of the scrambled egg that I gave her and I can tell she's been drinking water and have watched her eating her crumble. Still not using a lot of energy moving around but that's okay. She's on the mend.
You're right, btw, end of summer, not really thinking to turn on a heat lamp as they have been without one for a couple of weeks now. I hate using a heat lamp in the coop but we will keep it going till they don't need it any more.

Back
Top Bottom