Lite Brites

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
I happened to find an old 1968 Lite Brite and its pegs in almost in very good condition at a antique store for a steal. Now I want to buy MORE refill papers AND more pegs.

Would the short pegs work on the old LB?

Would regular black construction paper work?

I remember playing this stuff for hours when I was kid and I am sure my daughter will enjoy it too!

If I remember correctly regular black construction paper works okay. You can even use other colors to create different effects.

Not too sure on the pegs though. Think it has to have the longer ones. I think the short post ones aren't quite long enough to puncture the paper.

Don't Staples have something like a black computer paper?

OK, I didn't know if the short pegs would fit on there. Had to ask! they had alot on Ebay and stores so it would be a waste when I can not use them if someone can tell me that they will NOT fit.

Anyone else?

Construction paper would probably work better than computer paper. Construction paper is a little softer so the pegs go through easily, it might be worth trying computer paper though. I had my old lite brite until a few years ago. We found that it had an electrical issue that could have caused a fire or injury so we had to pitch it.
sad.png
I loved it when I was little!

Quote:
If you can find the short ones really cheap, it wouldn't hurt to try them. They may be fine. If they will at least stay in the hole, you could always pre-poke through the paper.

I'd use the cheapie construction paper tho. Don't get the heavy stuff that feels more like cardstock. The junk in the big bundles they sell for kiddos going back to school should be perfect. I know it works great here when we make our imitation tin punch panels for the windows during the holidays. (Take paper, place over a piece of styrofoam, and poke holes in a pattern with icepick, toothpick, and large sewing needle. Tape to window. Turn on lights and go outside at night and say "Oh wow!")

Quote:
HEY! You could have re wired it!!!!!! Remove the light bulb assembly and rewire and try again. Hubby was good at that. He even rewired the old marble base or light base tall floor lamps, those old things lasted a long time and it probably outlast me.

You can buy brand new lite brites very inexpensively which include the pegs and papers already full of designs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom