Literally Dreaming about Chickens...??

MamaBearsFlock

Chirping
Mar 18, 2015
Hello Everyone!

Yes, I have just chosen my very first flock and for the last three nights.... I have been dreaming about chickens, chicks, coops, and mountain lions trying to get my flock (and we do not live near mountain lions... haha). My name is Susan, I live in Northwest Indiana with my husband, 6 children, 3 dogs, 1 cat, and new to the family 8 chicks and 1 duck....... and to answer your next likely questions: Yes, we have a TV and no, we do not live on a farm.
wink.png
Although, I wish we did NOT have a TV and we DID live on a farm. I think that I would like everyone better..... maybe not. Anyways, my husband is an Ironworker, and I tinker in a little bit of everything (currently looking at everyone's chicken coops and putting together a Frankenstein design of my own in my workshop. So ANY suggestions on the Do's and Don'ts of chicken coop design/building would be greatly desired and appreciated!

Mama Bear's Flock:
I have never had chickens of my own, so I am very excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I have had many many questions and have looked to BYC and it's community for those answers. So, a sincere thank you to everyone for helping me with the hardest task thus far..... choosing my flock!!! Let me know how I did! (I will post pictures later, but for now... Patti is my Avatar)

3 Barred Rocks- Ellie, Nelly, & Shelly

2 White Leghorns- Thelma & Louise

1 Buff Orpington- Eleanore

1 Rhode Island Red- Ginger

1 Polish- Patti

1 Pekin Duck- Bernese

Thank You for taking the time to look over my flock, thank you to everyone who have helped me to this point, and thank you to everyone who will inevitably help me in the future!!!

Susan

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

It sounds like a wonderful flock! Personally Orpintons and Barred Rocks are my FAVORITES! (not counting Easter eggers
wink.png
) Patti is adorable! I would love to see more pictures of your chicks and duck!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, what a pretty bird in your avatar!! Sounds like you picked out some nice breeds. You will surely have a colorful egg basket!!

Make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom