Little bird about to drive me insane!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Alright, I opened my front door about an hour ago and all of a sudden heard a strange flapping noise and my cats went crazy. OOPSY.....a bird flew in! So, I start screaming for kids to help me get the cats locked up. Spend almost an hour getting him back out. Finally did and then realized just how young and little he is. This guy is just a baby of some sort. Now he is on my front porch. He was flapping around trying to find a comfortable place to perch and found a little christmas light clip on the front. He is sitting there while I worry myself to death about him. Does anyone know what he is? Is he going to just die out there? I feel AWFUL!!!!
hit.gif
Oh, and PLEASE ignore the OMG cobweb right by him! That is a really high spot that kinda gets ignored!!!
hide.gif

7091_little_bird.jpg

He's cute. He looks like some kind of a finch. I don't really think that he looks like a baby, but you do. He is tiny. Does he just sit there and tweet? I bet your cats look at the little fella and say, nice snack. I know how you feel, you want to do what ever you can for him. I just don't know what to tell you, maybe someone else can have more input than me.
fl.gif

Yup. Looks like a wren. Keep your head down mom and dad can't be far away

Is it getting dark where you are? If so, catch him and put him in a box with a lid. Keep him in there until tomorrow morning and then release him a few feet away from your porch or where you found him. He's fledge and probably won't go back to his nest.

Last edited:
Thanks guys....he is such a little cutie. It was just starting to get dark when he flew in the house. He is out on the porch now but up high where nothing can get him. He won't let me catch him and goes all spastic when I get too close. I have an old dead plant (not great about watering) I hung right by him hoping he will hop in it for the night. Gonna check in a few minutes and see if he got the hint about it being a place to sleep. I even crushed it down good in the middle so it looked a bit nest like.

Since he most likely won't go back to his nest, is he old enough to actually survive on his own? I am just so worried about the poor little guy. He flies VERY well but doesn't seem to be able to stay up for extended periods.

And YES, my cats were all excited!!! You could tell they were mad that we wouldn't let them have the yummy snack! We have 4 cats and they are NOT small animal safe!!! They don't go outside at all, so as long as he is out there he is safe from my monster girls!!!

His parents will be around in the am looking for him and helping him. They will attack any birds, dogs, people who get in the way.

Ever seen a baby chickadee? They are smaller than your pinky finger. All full grown and on their own. Caught one after my cat tried to get it. It was lost in the palm of my hand! So tiny.

Back
Top Bottom