1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little buff silkie...?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mysweetgypsy, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mysweetgypsy

mysweetgypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Ok I was 99% sure this was a pullet, I still think it's likely a pullet, but she got into a huge fight with my blue roo this morning. "Huge" is relative I guess as it was the tamest fight ever! But she reared up, was hopping, flapping, kicking, feathers all puffed...and then she ran [​IMG] My silkies are all 24 weeks. Here is a recent pic. As far as I can tell no comb. I was so sure until today? He had tried to mate her 5 minutes earlier and my partridge roo came to her rescue, it was so sweet [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do I have?

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Yep. Pullet [​IMG]

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    My GUESS is a girl. And I have some girls that just aren't in the MOOD, and they let the boys know!! You would swear they are boys by the way they can kick *ss!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

100% pullet.

5. mysweetgypsy

mysweetgypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    These chickens, I swear, they spend time coming up with new ways to confuse me! Since the experts have spoken her name will be Lucy, no matter how much fighting she does [​IMG] Thanks for your help!!

6. nicokl502

nicokl502 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Kansas City Mo
    she is a hen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by