Little Giant - 5 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer

Duemig10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Garner, NC
Does anyone have a problem with the Little Giant - 5 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer overflowing over the base of the waterer. I had this problem with the first one that I purchased about a year ago, so i figured maybe it was just old or had a leak somewhere. I went and purchase the same waterer about three weeks ago and guess what the same exact problem. I thought that I was not tightening the cap enough so I had my husband turn it as hard as he could and it still leaked. I call Agri Supply today to ask them about the waterer and they told me to call Little Giant directly because they have been having complaints about the waterers. I called the 800 number and they told me that the caps a slight crack in them that you cannot see, so they are sending me a new cap with the O-ring and this is supposed to fixed my problem. I am posting this in case anyone is having the same problem, you can all 800-260-0888 to receive a replacement cap instead of running out to purchase a new waterer.

If you are looking for a good waterer, I would recommend the waterer cups.

62744_inswater.jpg

Most of the time the problem can be solved by putting a little Vaseline on the O ring, and always making sure the top is clean and WET when you screw it on

Ditto Bear Foot Farm. Make sure there is nothing on the threads or ring, that the ring is at the top and screw down tightly. Vaseline can help the seal. When you re-open the hole at the bottom, water should come out slowly. If it starts gushing, close up and try to screw the lid down again.

Back
Top Bottom