Little Giant 9300 Temperature reading off

reendersarens

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2015
Houghton, MI
I started my eggs at noon yesterday in a little giant 9300. The thermometer is reading 102 but two of my own probe meat thermometers read 95. I checked both of them in boiling water and they read 210. I added a small 80mm fan in the back to help distribute heat. I've read that the little giant thermometers can be off. 7 degrees seems like a lot. Should I just keep cranking it up until my probes read 99.5? Thanks

I started my eggs at noon yesterday in a little giant 9300. The thermometer is reading 102 but two of my own probe meat thermometers read 95. I checked both of them in boiling water and they read 210. I added a small 80mm fan in the back to help distribute heat. I've read that the little giant thermometers can be off. 7 degrees seems like a lot. Should I just keep cranking it up until my probes read 99.5? Thanks

Yes, the LG9300 are notorious for being off. Usually what I see is more like 3-4 degrees, but 7 wouldn't surprise me. If you know your idependant thermometers to be accurate, then yes, I would go by them.

I recently purchased the same incubator and my temp reading is actually 7.5 degrees colder than the digital reading on the built in thermometer.. I am unsure if I should keep raising the setting to match my extra thermometer.. I can tell the temp is not high enough but had no idea these readings could be over 7 degrees off!! Thanks for posting this, looking for some expert advice,..

I lost my very first hatch to a brand new thermometer that was 6 degrees off. I never checked it prior to hatch. If you know that your independant thermometer is correct- it's checked and there is no doubt in your mind that it is right, then yes, set the bator however high it takes to get the inside temps right.

I live at 643' above sea level so water boils at 210.8 and both my meat thermometers read 210 in boiling water. I turned the incubator to 105. I'll check it again soon.

I ended up turning my fan to medium speed with the bator thermometer at 106 and It bounces between 99 and 100 on my probe meat thermometer. :) The usb fan I'm using plugged into a tablet charger -http://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00IJ2J2K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458820974&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+fan&psc=1
can you give an update? We just set 24 eggs in our LG 9300 with fan kit and are working the temps up on our calibrated thermometer. Just wondering how it worked our for you so gar.

Back
Top Bottom