Little Giant 9300 Upgrade?

archeryrob

Songster
Aug 3, 2018
Western Maryland
I have a GQF Hova-Bator 1588 and have eggs in it and I have a LG 9300. I am trying to help my daughter start line breeding her Dark Brahmas she has an only one hen has The right qualities for the future. So I was trying to stage hatch as we have her and the rooster locked in the breeding coop from the other chickens. I can only get about 10 - 11 eggs over two weeks and have to set them. The damn broody hens keep getting off the eggs in the regular coops and setting on just laid eggs. I can't set them alone in the breeder coop while it being used. I will probably get a rabbit hutch to Isolate one where she can't leave to another nest.

I can't for the life of me figure why they make the 9300 as it is. The 10300 has the 7300 fan/heater and the 9300 just has a fan. After reading reviews on the 9300 and 10300 seems the temp sensors and all aren't very good. I am just trying to reach for opinions if it is worth buying the 7300 for $45 or I would be better off just tossing that money in the fire pit?

Last edited:
The 10300 has the 7300 fan/heater and the 9300 just has a fan.

I have the LG 9300. Bought for $49 at TSC. It has a heater, but no fan. I used this for 2 hatches. Great hatch first time, mediocre hatch second time, however, I changed a couple of things in my routine, so fault of mediocre hatch might be on me. I am getting ready to set a third time in the LG9300. I did order a fan upgrade from Incubator Warehouse for $21. I should be getting it very soon, and can see if it makes a positive difference.

FWIW, I did call the company that makes the LG, and they indicated that the humidity sensor does not work accurately below 40% humidity. So, you should calibrate another temp and/or humidity sensor for the inside. The other reason to do so is bc you can place the thermometer at egg level. I used a clean canning jar ring to prop up the digital thermometer I added in the middle of the incubator. Also, when above 40% the Incubator (built in) hygrometer was within 1% of the other independent reader inside the incubator. The incubator thermometer was off by a degree or two, bc it hangs down a bit higher than the eggs, so in a still-air incubator, that is to be expected.

With only setting a small number of eggs, you can concentrate them in the middle. I've placed 40 eggs in there, in addition to the extra thermometer. When turning, I would remove the inner most eggs, turn and place outer eggs in the middle, then turn and place the removed eggs around the outer edges. It worked out well. Even with the fan, I'll guess that the corners will still be the coldest parts of the incubator.

Good Luck!

The heater is supposed to plug into 3 (which is empty) the fan in to 2 and 1 is a 4 wire dongle that hangs as the sensor. I looked at the fan and don't see a heater.

Here is what mine looks like - We didn't do anything to it, so came like this, and heats up.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 8.51.21 AM.png

Mine has No fan.
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 8.51.29 AM.png

Here is a link to IH Fan addition for the 9300. Scroll down to the video on installation - it goes over the plug ins on the incubator - might be informative for your needs.

https://incubatorwarehouse.com/little-giant-9300-fan-with-installation-guide.html

The red wire is the heater. Mine does not have that red wiring to heat it. It has been on for 20 hours and not over 80 degrees. Not sure I want to put any money into that model

Back
Top Bottom