Little giant incubator help

Yes, it runs out of water. I can only put the smallest splash in (troughs) to keep it at 50%, any more and we run closer to 65-70%. I think that is one of the issues with temp fluctuation as well because I've noticed a correlation between temp and humidity. Do you run with open vents or closed? I have both of mine open because again, it gets extremely wet in there without. Going to clean everything and set up dry for a run and see what happens.

Usually when the water dries up the temp starts going up. I could always tell when my sponges were dry cause my temp would start rising.

Your temp observations are exactly what I'm getting, including the early hatches. The last sentence is also exactly what is happening to me. Going to dry run and see what happens.

Great! Good luck! Keep us posted.

I've always wondered about the logic with the turners being "vertical" since naturally they incubate on their side. What do you do with your air vents on your LG? I have both mine open because it got very wet and stagnant without.

I always have vents open from day one. The LG I didn't even have the plugs...lol The Hovabator, first thing I did was pull out the plug and throw it in a drawer. Lol

Cleaned everything and set back up. Checked the hygrometer while it was out and my humidity in the room was 56% lol. We will see what the bator settles at. I did put it on the floor.. when I was cleaning it I noticed there were holes in the bottom so maybe that was making a difference not having those covered. Will see.

Back
Top Bottom