Little Giant Incubator Tricks

Pics
Yeah, they aren't here. Le sigh.

Our FedEx guy is the one who never leaves packages consistently. He put a package somewhere weird, I reported it lost, the seller replaced the package, I found the first package but not fast enough to stop the second shipment, and he lost the second shipment entirely. I'm actually waiting on a FedEx package I paid a lot of money for 3 day that still isn't here.

ETA: I paid for three day shipping, it was shipped Tuesday, won't get here until MONDAY. I am so filing a claim.

Last edited:
Is the claim with Fed X or USPS??

USPS write an estimate, oh wait, they call it expected date, but it's not a garanteed date. So why create high expectations, then have to explain ad nausium why the pkg did not arrive. USPS has some issues that needs addressing.

FedEx is who I have a claim against. I sent a message to the seller about it. This package isn't bird related, think goodness, so sitting somewhere in the heat isn't going to hurt it. But it was stuff I needed to arrive quickly, which is why I paid more for shipping than for the item:/

The bator is running perfectly. I put some blue painter's tape over the hole, shut off the turner, and it's holding perfectly. When the eggs arrive, it's ready to go. When I turn the turner back on, I'll have to untape half the hole to keep the temp even in the bator. It's just a dozen, so I have plenty of room.

I had a problem with a delivery once. COuldn't find the package. THey said it was delivered. We are looking all over. THey said it was delivered to the front door. We use the side door--it wasn't there. I sure know it wasn't the front door. Driver would have to unlock a gate and face 3 rotties. No the front door. ( I did look though. lol) DH drove down the driveway looking, huge snow banks piled 3-4 feet high on the sides, turned around and drove back in. As he was coming around a curve, he could see the corner of the box. The driver had put it on a snowbank HALFWAY up my driveway and it had fallen over the other side. I hated that driver. Was so glad when a new driver took over the route. He would jump out of his truck with a jaunty step, toss my dogs a couple biscuits and make his delivery. My dogs hardly notice when he drives in.

Glad it not your eggs. ANd congrats on the closing!! YOu must be very egg-cited on both accounts!!

Argh. No eggs! I just got home from work (thank goodness, only crazy dogs and not heatstroke cases!) and searched my yard, just in case, they were sitting out there in 105 degree weather, but nothing :( I hope they are inside the PO and not on a truck poaching.

I don't like our new UPS driver or our postal person. The old ones used to carry stuff to the porch. The new ones lay it in the driveway. At least the FedEx guy brings things to the porch. I wonder what the drivers are like where we will be moving to. Our mailbox is a quarter mile away:lol:

Sorry--hope the eggs are safe.
hugs.gif

hey cmom i love ur chick holding pen thats really cool looking! did u build it ur own or did u buy and modify? and my hubby wanted to know if that is an incubator next to ur chick holding pen?

Ha, a friend of mine from church is giving me however many of her fertile eggs (barnyard mixes) to hatch out that I want, AND a Kubota tractor with a 60" belly mower and a 3 pt hitch! Not sure which I'm more excited about :lol:

I still want my purebred bird eggs though. Makes me sick with worry about them:/ Kids got home with Daddy last night and that was the first thing they said. Not, "Mom, so happy to see you!" It was "where are our eggs?"

Bator is perfect. Like cant be any better. Holding at 99.5 and 20%. It hasn't varied in 24 hours.

ETA: she gave me some eggs they weren't sure of the age on. TBH, I'm not entirely sure about viability on any of them. Tossed one because of an obvious crack. 6 others are porous and look clear, 3 seem to have something in there, maybe 7-8 days. 3 are larger but pretty dark looking. I hope none explode. Put them in, and I'll candle again in a few days. My candling unit is a little halogen desk light with a a TP tube where I can hold the egg, lol. It is bright enough I can see in but far enough away the egg doesn't get too hot.

I hope my shipped eggs are ok :( I was thinking about going to our new house tomorrow with some stuff, but I might stay home to wait on this package

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom