Little Mystery Chick. . . .

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jywel417, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    I got this guy out of the Assorted Bantams Bin at TSC and have no clue what he/she is. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks guys !

2. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    No idea. Cute chick. Last picture looks eerily like an old mans face though.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I have no idea either. Doesn't look like anything I've ever seen...is it bantam size? Or do you think maybe someone just put it back into the wrong bin after holding it?

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] But since there is nothing to compare it's size, to me it looks too big to be a bantam. [​IMG] Looks like a red star.

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

If it starts sprouting red and white feathers at 3 weeks, you'll know you have a RSL-red sex link.

6. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    It is most definitley a bantam [​IMG]

7. smarquis86

smarquis86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Yakima, WA
  8. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Try posting again with a picture when it gets more feathers in.

9. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    Tractor Supply recieves your garden variety selections from a limited number of larger hatcheries throughout the US. Here in Ohio its Mt Healthy Hatchery. Your guy is most likley a White Laced Red Cornish Bantam. I have purchased several of them from TSC. They can range from a lighter reddish w/ creamy yellow on the breast to a darker reddish color and a light cream on the breast. The light circle around the eyes is typical. He (or she) is a tough little bird very cold hearty and altough it has high feed needs it does have good feed conversion. My guys always started out kinda small and scrawny but end up looking like stout little frogs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by