Little question

Mshadows89

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
Israel
I have a few hens 9 months old they sit in their nest to lay eggs i want them to form a clutch i toss a couple eggs in front of them and the tuck the eggs under them are they getting ready to be broody? Any info would help

Ohh thanks does to many roosters stress them out? Im gonna get rid of them soon so ill just have 1 rooster for aflock of 10 do they usually go broody when spring time comes any tips? I cant tell if i have a broody breed because they are all mixed breeds

Ohh thanks does to many roosters stress them out? Im gonna get rid of them soon so ill just have 1 rooster for aflock of 10 do they usually go broody when spring time comes any tips? I cant tell if i have a broody breed because they are all mixed breeds

Yes, too many roosters will stress the females.
Broodiness is hormonally driven and that trait is discouraged in laying birds as they will stop laying eggs when brooding. Some breeds are more prone to going broody than others. Broodiness isn't something you can make happen.

Thank u i still have some work to do
Yes, too many roosters will stress the females.
Broodiness is hormonally driven and that trait is discouraged in laying birds as they will stop laying eggs when brooding. Some breeds are more prone to going broody than others. Broodiness isn't something you can make happen.

Back
Top Bottom