Little rescue not doing good - Send prayers for the little guy *Update

Chicks_N_Horses

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
South Alabama
I received a new little rescue in yesterday. He was severly dehydrated and emanciated. He seems to be a fighter. I was sure he was dying when I received him and shortly after. I am really totally surprised he is still alive.

I have been keeping him hydrated every 15-20 minutes and I am going to start him on Esbilac at noon today.

So, fingers crossed
fl.gif
that he makes it.

I will get some pics of him up in a little while.

Last edited:
What animal is it? I just rescued a little kitten and thought she was probably about 2 mos old according to her size. She is nothing but bones. I took her to the vet and he said she was 5 mos old. She should weigh 5 lbs and she weighs less than 2 lbs! She is goind to be ok thank god. Well, good luck for your little one!

Do you rescue a lot of animals? He found 3 little squirrels a couple of years ago......My golden retriever was young so I took them to a small animal rehab. and they got them better and released them.....

Good luck with the little one.....They are sooooo cute.....
fl.gif

Quote:
How adorable. You need to get some pedialyte so it can get the electrolytes it needs. I would also give the esbilac too w/a little cream for added nutrition. Use a dropper or syringe so you can control what goes in. It's easy for them to get pneumonia because of aspirating liquid.

We raised two babies, one ended up dying from pneumonia and the other we just released about 4 months ago when she was about 7 mos. If you lived closer I would love to help. At some point I am going to try and get certified as a wildlife rehabilitator so I can help anyone who has baby squirrels.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
awww tooo cute.. I hope for the best!! I actually rescued my current rooster about 6 months ago. Some mexican threw him in a dumpster next to my work
tongue.png
I thought he was dead, but i saw him breathing, I took him home, gave him some TLC for 3 days, Then he perked up and has been the king of the roost ever since... It is amazing... I think that he was a fighting rooster.. and he appears to be older.. but... he is the sweetest little guy ever!! He loves all the other chickens and follows me around like a puppy dog... not to mention everytime he sees me he crows
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom