Little Rooster mating with big hens?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by M.sue, Jun 25, 2011.

1. spiritdance

spiritdance Songster

Dec 13, 2010
    M.sue :

lol.... [​IMG] I think that's what he might have to do if he wants to be successful!!!
    Quote:
    Well, he might be carrying a ladder in his pocket! I've got BR hens and RIR roos ... I hatch eggs for sexlinks from them ... but I also have a little red bantam cochin roo .... I also NOW have a whole batch of feather-legged, runt sized sex links running around! That little red cochin beat time with every one of my BR hens! They think he's just sooooo purty!! He now has a run of his own with more appropriate sized girls.​

2. Dipsey2209

Dipsey2209 In the Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    I have a tiny bantam rooster and a standard sized hen they are inseperable and he definately wont let the two larger roosters i have get anywhere near her..they just hatched out 8 lovely little fuzzballs...so yup it can be done...where there is a will there is a way [​IMG]

3. Niss

Niss Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    We have an OEG bantam and a golden comet for our roos. The lil guy is tops and chases the big roo when he tries to get it on. We have a broody on eggs now and I'm curious to see what they look like and who's the daddy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: