Little Sanda's Big Adventure

Thanks! He's started eating a lot more since I started letting him follow me around the house, put some nutridrench supplemented with brewer's yeast in his water, and put a mirror in his box so he doesn't feel lonely!
He's still not growing nearly as big as his siblings but he's developing and that's really all that matters since he's going to have to be an inside duck anyway.
That's really good he started to eat a lot more - well done! Yeah that's the main thing - that he develops, even in his own pace :thumbsup

That's really good he started to eat a lot more - well done! Yeah that's the main thing - that he develops, even in his own pace :thumbsup
I'm hoping before too long he'll start losing his down, his siblings are starting to thin out their fluff a little

IMG_20210511_094526.jpg

IMG_20210511_100019.jpg

Sanda enjoying his time out of the brooder, complete with a new and improved duck diaper! His feet are starting to right themselves but I'm going to add niacin to his water just to be safe

That little sweetie always makes me smile 😍 😊
That's great that he does have so much energy to escape his box and look for you in the house - that's such a good sign 👍👏
Omg how he swings his little tail after trying to escape in the video 😄🥰

PicsArt_05-12-05.16.48.jpg

Sanda in his favorite spot, his beak has become hooked at the end like his siblings' and I swear I can feel tiny little barbacells under his fluff but it's hard to be certain. His weekly weigh in will be soon though so I'm excited to see if he's gaining weight still! He went from around ~6 grams to 12 since I isolated him!
IMG_20210510_125238.jpg

As a bonus here's the incubator i check while Sanda is following me around the house! He'll have some cayuga brothers and sisters before too long!

😍 Sanda looks so self confident sitting there in his favorite spot!
Wow so he doubled his weight! :woot
...6 grams...so tiny!!!
Fingers crossed for your next hatch 🤞

😍 Sanda looks so self confident sitting there in his favorite spot!
Wow so he doubled his weight! :woot
...6 grams...so tiny!!!
Fingers crossed for your next hatch 🤞
I actually got it wrong, he was 60 grams starting out (thanks sloppy note taking) but he has still doubled in weight!
IMG_20210512_235009.jpg

Here he is next to Goji, the largest of his siblings (though not by much) for comparison, Goji weighs 305 g currently

IMG_20210513_144641.jpg

Found a little duck plush for Sanda to cuddle with, at least for now! In a day or two another little clutch of call ducks will be here, and I'm likely going to put one in the brooder with Sanda so they can stay inside together, i realize that this would normally be inadvisable but given how tiny he is I figure Sanda could use the company!

Back
Top Bottom