Live Embro inside not Hatching Out - Day 23...?

atmaclean

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2012
Stoneville, NC
So I had 6 Rhodebar eggs hatch out on Wednesday night and was so excited!! So,yesterday, I got the babies out, washed and sterilized the incubator and put my BCM eggs in it as they are to hatch Saturday. When I went to toss out the 2 unhatched RB eggs, I decided I would just candle them to see what happened. When I did, I found that one of them was infertile and the other had a LIVE embryo in it still breathing! I quickly put it back in the 'bator with the BCM eggs,. This morning I checked it again and it still had not pipped! So, I made a tiny hole in the end to see if that would get it moving to come on out. As of now, it is still not coming out.....any ideas or suggestions?? I can't bring myself to toss it in the trash with it still breathing..... I have not had this happen before so I'm not sure what to do or how long to leave it in the incubator....

Thanks for any help!
Angela in NC

It doesn't seem to be trying to get out - just curled up in there breathing....THANK YOU for the link. I'm going to read it now.

Angela

Quote: x3 UPDATE please!!
fl.gif

The little baby was dead when I got home from running an errand. I may have killed it trying to help. The link to helping chicks to hatch was extremely helpful! I may have peeled too much. I was glad to get the info, however, because now I will just leave the eggs in the incubator for an extra 3 days before I worry about it! Poor little thing. I really fell bad about what happened
sad.png

Angela

The little baby was dead when I got home from running an errand. I may have killed it trying to help. The link to helping chicks to hatch was extremely helpful! I may have peeled too much. I was glad to get the info, however, because now I will just leave the eggs in the incubator for an extra 3 days before I worry about it! Poor little thing. I really fell bad about what happened
sad.png

Angela
awww its ok. It happens all the time, me included. thats why I created the article with he graphics first.
hugs.gif

Well, you did a great service in posting that article. Thanks so much. I'm watching some Black Copper Marans hatching today. So far, only one has hatched but, they will sit there while we patiently wait a few days before I'm going to do a thing! They will have all the time they need - UNinterrupted :)

Angela

Well, you did a great service in posting that article. Thanks so much. I'm watching some Black Copper Marans hatching today. So far, only one has hatched but, they will sit there while we patiently wait a few days before I'm going to do a thing! They will have all the time they need - UNinterrupted :)

Angela
fl.gif
keep us updated!! YAY!!! Just rememeber WHEN and IF they need help... sometimes you just cant help them, sometimes they never make that internal pip or loose enough fluids, humidity control is so very important along with temps. GOOD LUCK pics please!!!

Back
Top Bottom