Live predator captured

If it's stuck in the net, call wildlife control. I live down the road from a wildlife rehabilitator that works with birds of prey. Even with (or because of) his 20 years of experience he is very cautious around then. Take it from him - don't try to handle it yourself. Eagles are capable of breaking bones and their talons are more than strong enough to pierce all the way through your hand. Please don't try to get close. They are fast, strong, can defend themselves, and can be very dangerous if they feel threatened and can't escape. This eagle might not fight you much, or it might and it might put you in a hospital. If you are not convinced look up pictures of their talons and read some accounts of falconers.

If it's under the net but free (walking around in your run trying to figure out how to get out), make it a hole or opening and get out of the way and let it fly away.

Thanks guys let me try contacting the wildlife authorities & see if they can help don't judge me but I already put it in a sack
Where do you live? Try looking up Wildlife Rescue. There is probably someone in your area. I called several people before I found someone.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the owl when it was tangled in my netting but all I could think about at the time was getting it out of the netting into a cage. It was very hot out.

Back
Top Bottom