Livestock Guardian Breed Dogs Available for Adoption.

That's about the space I have. Your best bet is to go ahead and contact the rescue folks (NASRN - National Anatolian Shepherd Rescue) through the website. They are happy to help figure out if it is a good fit.

Quote:
I emailed them yesterday afternoon and haven't heard back.
hmm.png

I've heard back from the rescue. She asked what kind of fence we had, so I t old her 4' welded wire with some temporary electric mesh for paddocks. She said some Anatolians will stay in a 4' fence but many will not. I emailed back to get an idea of what they're planning for these girls, because she said they're in a shelter now and she doesn't know about their personalities.

Keep in touch with them. I'm sure she told you they try to foster the dogs if there is not an immediate adopt. The foster people can then give you more idea of personality. Sometimes with the rescue dogs, you just put out there what is really important to you in a match and then that dog comes along. When I adopted my German Shepherd several years ago, I said I wanted a big, mellow male that was okay with other dogs. I told them I was not in a hurry. Within a few weeks I got a call and now Asher, the big head dog lives here.

Back
Top Bottom