Local feed stores in northwest, CT

harwintonCTchicks

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Northville, MI
I know there are quite a few posts supporting Blue Seal chicken feed but does anyone know of a local place in CT that mixes their own feeds? Would like to try to support the local farmers.

Thanks for the help!

Melissa

Do you know about Wauregan Feed? It's a small company in NE CT., not big like BLue Seal. THey are very busy because they do not sell to middle men. A direct market only. THeir website gets highjacked, so if you are really interested try the white pages on line. Also, they have some limitations because they are small. Like no chick starter, just layer. THe office people are limited in their knowledge. MOst of the dairies have their own formulas and this company mixes it, bags it and delivers it.

Hi, I buy my feed from Wauregan feed store, the layer pellets, but last time I went about two weeks ago their prices had just gone up so they are now only $1 less a bag than our local Tractor Supply and their cracked corn and Boss was higher than Tractor Supply. Asked before if they could make a mixture for me of different grains and they said no, unless we buy truckload of the stuff. Wish I could find another place around NE CT myself to get feed from, if anyone knows please let me know.

Do you know about Wauregan Feed? It's a small company in NE CT., not big like BLue Seal. THey are very busy because they do not sell to middle men. A direct market only. THeir website gets highjacked, so if you are really interested try the white pages on line. Also, they have some limitations because they are small. Like no chick starter, just layer. THe office people are limited in their knowledge. MOst of the dairies have their own formulas and this company mixes it, bags it and delivers it.
How's the quality of the feed, I have 19 layers and 6 ducks (3 drakes that will be moving on) and have been feeding them the dumor from TSC. I've got 14 new chicks and going through 50lbs a week. It's getting costly.

Back
Top Bottom