local incubator using kerosene combustible lanterns as heat source

kerosene lamp incubator is very good to use, with that I was able to hatch over 200 eggs comprising turkey, chicken, guinea fowl, goose, ducks, peacock and so on all at the same time.. u wouldn't believe it until you see it your eyes...though pics are not ready :(
the funniest thing is that i have no hygrometer to check for the humidity, that not withstanding i succeeded.
when it comes to egg turning i do it with my hands several times a day.
now goose are the main egg layers of this season, I've accommodated over 25 eggs from friends and customers.
The problem is my own goose is not laying and they've been mating for long like 2 months earlier, my question is that is there a way that i can boost the situation so that she can lay ASAP or should i patient and let her finish her prolongation??

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Not sure if there is much you can do to speed up her onset of lay. But, you can make sure she has plenty of nutrient rich food and fresh water, is as stress free as possible, and if you are short on daylight hours, you may want to add a light so she is getting at least 12-15 hours of daylight. Other than that, it is pretty much a waiting game.

kerosene lamp incubator is very good to use, with that I was able to hatch over 200 eggs comprising turkey, chicken, guinea fowl, goose, ducks, peacock and so on all at the same time.. u wouldn't believe it until you see it your eyes...though pics are not ready
sad.png

the funniest thing is that i have no hygrometer to check for the humidity, that not withstanding i succeeded.
when it comes to egg turning i do it with my hands several times a day.
now goose are the main egg layers of this season, I've accommodated over 25 eggs from friends and customers.
The problem is my own goose is not laying and they've been mating for long like 2 months earlier, my question is that is there a way that i can boost the situation so that she can lay ASAP or should i patient and let her finish her prolongation??
Great advice already,

Your incubation method is commonly used here in Africa. I note your location is Birnin Kebbi. I know that Birnin is a Hausa word (I used to live in Birnin Gwari) in Nigeria, but then you mention "seasons" so I'm not really sure where you are (unless you are referring to the Harmattan). If the name issue is just a weird coincidence you will think i'm bonkers (you would not be alone on that one) but just asking out of interest.

Cheers

CT

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about geese, but you might want to post on our Geese section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Geese experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you have found a great way of successfully hatching eggs!

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom