Locations where you can get Purina Duck Feed

I get all my Purina feed from Tractor Supply.
smile.png

I"m in Manhattan, Ks. Purina Duck/Goose chow available at local CO-OP. My Big Duck has been raised on chicken laying mash. We are switching to duck food hope for improvement in her walking problem.

Mike's Feed Farm
90 Hamburg Tpk
Riverdale, NJ 07457
(973) 839-7747

While they SHOW the Purina Start & Grow chick feed on the website, they DO have the duck grower, as well. But, they're pellets. I'm not a fan and neither are my ducklings. So, off I go to get some non-medicated Start & Grow, after all.
hmm.png

Question: my other ducks are 10 months old. Can I feed these pellets to them? Or are they too old, now, for the grower-type food?

Last edited:
Mike's Feed Farm
90 Hamburg Tpk
Riverdale, NJ 07457
(973) 839-7747

While they SHOW the Purina Start & Grow chick feed on the website, they DO have the duck grower, as well. But, they're pellets. I'm not a fan and neither are my ducklings. So, off I go to get some non-medicated Start & Grow, after all.
hmm.png

Question: my other ducks are 10 months old. Can I feed these pellets to them? Or are they too old, now, for the grower-type food?
I wonder if you have a food processor you couldn't make your pellets into crumble?

I wonder if you have a food processor you couldn't make your pellets into crumble?

That's what I'm doing, actually. I looked around and, from what I can see, the Purina duck feed ONLY comes in pellet form. So, I've been pulsing it in my Magic Bullet and they're eating it just fine.
smile.png
I figured why go buy another 50 lbs? I only have 2 ducklings! My adult ducks don't care for pellets, either. So, it's not like I can feed it to them. They'll "QUACK!" at me until I give them the feed they're used to. I've even mixed pellets with their normal crumble and they pick out the crumbles and leave the pellets and, then, quack at me for more crumbles. Spoiled little buggers. Man, I love them.
love.gif

That's what I'm doing, actually. I looked around and, from what I can see, the Purina duck feed ONLY comes in pellet form. So, I've been pulsing it in my Magic Bullet and they're eating it just fine.
smile.png
I figured why go buy another 50 lbs? I only have 2 ducklings! My adult ducks don't care for pellets, either. So, it's not like I can feed it to them. They'll "QUACK!" at me until I give them the feed they're used to. I've even mixed pellets with their normal crumble and they pick out the crumbles and leave the pellets and, then, quack at me for more crumbles. Spoiled little buggers. Man, I love them.
love.gif
Yep we can spoil them rotten.
wink.png

If you have access to Southern States ... They have a really good food for ducks and I'm attaching photo for your info. I've had great success with my Mallards, Magpies and Buff Ducks. Even my Barred Plymouth Rock chickens are happy to get this yummy stuff.
Best of luck.

I know this thread is several years old but I have found that Purina products can be found at Bardstown Mills and Tractor Supply in Bardstown, KY. They have a flock raiser crumble or pellets.

Back
Top Bottom