Lock -Down Conundrum

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i'm in a bit of a pickle and not sure what to do. i have three batches of Sebastopol goose eggs in my Genesis Hovabator. The first set of 6 are due to go into lock-down tomorrow. i thought i was all set with my still air Hovabator, but it has a strong chemical odor to it. i used dilute bleach to clean it (probably not a good idea), and even though i've rinsed it many times, after starting it back up again, it smells very chemically. i don't want to fumigate my babies when they're trying to get out of their eggs, so i ordered a new Genesis hovabator online. Unfortunately, even though i did express mail, it may not get here until Friday. SO - i bought another still air at the feed store. It's an LG, the only kind they had. i've had that running for several days but trying to get the temperature stabilized is a nightmare, not to mention humidity. So i'm uncomfortable about moving my eggs into there tomorrow.

Right now, i see my options are to either move my eggs into that LG then into the new Hovabator when it gets here. Or, i could leave those 6 eggs in the Hovabator they are in now, stop turning them, then move them into the new one when it arrives Friday.

i can't believe i got myself into this predicament! i would appreciate any input or suggestions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by