Lock down!

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
I just put my 42 eggs in lock down....14 are shipped eggs. I don't know about the development because I can't see into most of them. Only the air cell and it seems good on all of them.

I am so discuraged though about the humidimeters. I have one on the genises 1588 and two I have bought. They are all different readings. I did the calibration on the timex and it was 72.....so I added two %. Then I bought that has a senser that I can put through a hole and tried to calibrate it and it was way off. Like 64 or something. I just quit after that. The genises is another reading too. I am just tired of trying to figure it out. The one with the senser was recommended to me as being fairly accurate. hmmmmm. I did the salt water calibration. It didn't get close to being 70 even.

I just added some water and the genises is reading 35 the senser it reading 41 and I just put the timex in and it is reading 75 but it hasn't been in there very long. I will wait a couple of hrs and read them all again. It is very frustrating. You would think that at least two would be close. I am just about to throw them away and go by the genises and hope for the best..

Now I am thinking.
big_smile.png
Could the reason that the humdity reads less in the genisis than on the other two is because it is reading up higher????? Both the others are on the eggs..... The temps are both low on the ones on the eggs too. What do you trust????

Back
Top Bottom