Lock them in during rain?

We have a protected area for the birds, but if they like the rain who cares? It's not like they get soaked to the skin - they have layers of feathers for protection. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OOOhhh...I think mine DO get soaked to the skin. I can actually see skin when it's windy and they're wet...
But they do have access to cover and they chose rain..??
I'm not looking fwd to the freezing rain and snow that's just around the corner.

Gosh I am sooo looking forward to rain and snow. Then again, I live in the desert and the late spring to early fall is a long hot period in time. I crave some cold weather. It was 90 here today. SICK OF IT!

I have very optimistic birds. They won't go back in the coop when it rains but they will go under a truck topper that is sitting on the ground with no windows and just kind of look out waiting for it to stop. As soon as the sun starts peeking back through they all run out at the same time out of four different windows.

I have my run covered. If it rains very hard they usually head for the run and onto their ladder or into the coop.
D.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom