Lockdown 11/1 Silkie Eggs

Faerytalefarm

Songster
8 Years
Sep 23, 2011
I'am really hoping that these 12 eggs survive hatching in the LG.
fl.gif
I have one more batch due to hatch in 11 days after this current one. After that I will never use an LG again! I have paint, lavender, porcelain, black, white & BBS in this group... I'm going to torch the LG's if they contribute to anymore late quitters!
he.gif
All 12 were alive and well at lockdown.
fl.gif

Oh don't say that! I have 13 of 20 silkie eggs going strong in my LG and I go into lockdown on Thursday. I hope it doesn't happen to mine.

Quote:
Yours might be just fine. I hatched 23 the week before that are fine but had 7 late quitters in that group as well. These LG's are incredibly high maintenance and I'm sick of babysitting mine.

I do agree the LG does suck. I built my own incubator last year, but really need to make some changes. I incubated in it and moved to LG for hatching. I didn't want to spend alot of money on a new incubator and ended up spending a ton of money on building mine.
sad.png

I have a LG as well, last hatch we had 6 of 11 welsummer eggs make it, they are 3 weeks old now, however they were not shipped eggs which I have learned makes a BIG difference, although I do agree the LG is high maintenance, I wish I could afford a brinsea so bad!!! Right now I have silkie eggs in my LG, started with 21, I am on day 13 and am down to 6 maybe 8 that still look good. So hoping at least a few make it!!! Good luck!

Quote:
Best of luck! It seems some survive the LG's and some don't. Like I posted previously, I had 23 of 32 hatch a little over a week ago, so it's not impossible.
fl.gif

Yay!! Its day 21 for you right? I just locked down, but don't think I can wait 3 more days!!

Back
Top Bottom