Lockdown 11/1 Silkie Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Faerytalefarm, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    I'am really hoping that these 12 eggs survive hatching in the LG. [​IMG] I have one more batch due to hatch in 11 days after this current one. After that I will never use an LG again! I have paint, lavender, porcelain, black, white & BBS in this group... I'm going to torch the LG's if they contribute to anymore late quitters! [​IMG] All 12 were alive and well at lockdown.[​IMG]

2. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Oh don't say that! I have 13 of 20 silkie eggs going strong in my LG and I go into lockdown on Thursday. I hope it doesn't happen to mine.

3. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:Yours might be just fine. I hatched 23 the week before that are fine but had 7 late quitters in that group as well. These LG's are incredibly high maintenance and I'm sick of babysitting mine.

4. kvmommy

Jan 2, 2011
    I do agree the LG does suck. I built my own incubator last year, but really need to make some changes. I incubated in it and moved to LG for hatching. I didn't want to spend alot of money on a new incubator and ended up spending a ton of money on building mine. [​IMG]

5. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:I'm ordering a Brinsea this week. I refuse to put anything else into the LG's.

6. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    I have a LG as well, last hatch we had 6 of 11 welsummer eggs make it, they are 3 weeks old now, however they were not shipped eggs which I have learned makes a BIG difference, although I do agree the LG is high maintenance, I wish I could afford a brinsea so bad!!! Right now I have silkie eggs in my LG, started with 21, I am on day 13 and am down to 6 maybe 8 that still look good. So hoping at least a few make it!!! Good luck!

7. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:Best of luck! It seems some survive the LG's and some don't. Like I posted previously, I had 23 of 32 hatch a little over a week ago, so it's not impossible. [​IMG]

8. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    One lavender so far! A couple others have pipped and several others rocking around . [​IMG]

9. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

10. kvmommy

Jan 2, 2011
    Yay!! Its day 21 for you right? I just locked down, but don't think I can wait 3 more days!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by