Lockdown chick bingo. Chicks hatching 6/4

buckock

Songster
Dec 10, 2021
Amelia, Virginia
Happy 4-day week crazy chicken people. I have about 30 eggs going into lockdown tonight for a weekend (Saturday) hatch. I am planning to number them so we can all play bingo. Feel free to join us. We’re making cards (nothing fancy) like the one attached. Each number (egg) will get a half mark for pipping externally and a full mark for hatching (twice the fun). Here’s a sample card for reference. In the marked card
D010EC86-4D8B-48EA-AEC2-1A6CEA8C83AA.jpeg
76767F50-7985-4AA1-B338-85D5AFBA9E71.jpeg
image.jpg
example, egg 15 has pipped and egg 4 has hatched. It’s not an official contest… just a fun idea I thought I would share.

The chicks are Silver Wyandotte, BYM, and 2 Wyandotte shipped eggs (the only 2 out of 18 that made it this far).

I hope everyone has their bingo cards. Nos 9, 10, and 11 pipped early. This is Day 19! Never had that happen before! I'm a bit worried about the BYM eggs as they didn't feel warm enough when I put them on lockdown. I hope there wasn't a power problem! I candled one this morning and they don't look stellar - still a lot of liquid around the embryo and the veining is pretty faint.

I hope everyone has their bingo cards. Nos 9, 10, and 11 pipped early. This is Day 19! Never had that happen before! I'm a bit worried about the BYM eggs as they didn't feel warm enough when I put them on lockdown. I hope there wasn't a power problem! I candled one this morning and they don't look stellar - still a lot of liquid around the embryo and the veining is pretty faint.

I had 12 in the incubator 2 hatched on day 19 and one so far on day 20. This is my first hatch, didn't realize it was unusual. How have the rest done?

Back
Top Bottom