Lockdown Day Clarification

Sparky74

Chirping
Dec 30, 2016
Cowra, NSW, Australia
I've hatched a couple of clutches under broody hens but this is my first time using an incubator so please forgive my ignorance. I've read a lot on this site and elsewhere but I'm still not sure when I should raise the humidity and stop turning the eggs.

I set the eggs at lunchtime on Saturday 4th March. Does that count as day 1 or day 0?
It's now 7.30am on Tuesday 21st March (here in Australia) so am I air day 18 or day 17?
Should I be locking down today or tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

I've hatched a couple of clutches under broody hens but this is my first time using an incubator so please forgive my ignorance. I've read a lot on this site and elsewhere but I'm still not sure when I should raise the humidity and stop turning the eggs.

I set the eggs at lunchtime on Saturday 4th March. Does that count as day 1 or day 0?
It's now 7.30am on Tuesday 21st March (here in Australia) so am I air day 18 or day 17?
Should I be locking down today or tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

You don't count the day you set. Count starts 24 hours after set. Wednesday the 22 would be day 18, lockdown and Saturday the 25th would be the expected hatch day.

You don't count the day you set. Count starts 24 hours after set. Wednesday the 22 would be day 18, lockdown and Saturday the 25th would be the expected hatch day.

:frow

You are on day 17 as the day you set is counted as day 0. Day 1 is counted after a full 24 hours of incubation.

Good luck with the lockdown tomorrow and I hope you have a great hatch :D

Thanks for the clarification. I've got an experienced broody hen at the moment so I've given her some of the eggs from the incubator but I'll wait until tomorrow to lockdown the remainder.

Back
Top Bottom