Lockdown day !

grego86

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2015
SW Arkansas
I have 12 eggs all seem to be alive and developed except for one. It looks pretty empty except for the air sack. I layed them down so they can get in position and almost instantly they start wiggling. So excited this is our first incubation batch! Anyways, for the lockdown phase what do I need to raise humidity to? I've been running my incubator dry with a consistency of 25-30% and the air cells are spot on.

I have 12 eggs all seem to be alive and developed except for one. It looks pretty empty except for the air sack. I layed them down so they can get in position and almost instantly they start wiggling. So excited this is our first incubation batch! Anyways, for the lockdown phase what do I need to raise humidity to? I've been running my incubator dry with a consistency of 25-30% and the air cells are spot on.
A lot of that depends on your habits. If you are going to be handsoff through lockdown and hatch 65% is efficient. If you are a meddler and know that you are going to open the bator during hatch, 70/75% is much better. If you see condensation, it's getting to high and can be cut back.

One more thing. I've kept the temp at 99. Now that its lock down time I'm suppose to lower it slightly correct ?
Some people lower a degree at hatch, some don't. I don't intentionally lower at hatch, but often find (because I am so NOT hands off and remove my chicks during hatch) that my bator usually ends up a degree lower....lol

I already have one chick that has piped its shell and can hear it cheeping :) I've noticed most wiggling throughout the day so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom