Lockdown humidity

I have 3 small sponges in there right now; should I add something besides those or more sponges to get it up. I only have one stopper in, I will place the other in tonight after removing the turner. Thanks for the information!

Don't put in stoppers. They can be used during incubation to aid in regulating but need to be taken out for hatching. Chicks need air. Most of us throw the stoppers away and keep air flow full entire hatch. If you need another water well or sponge in there to get the humidity up then so be it. The real deal is that many sponges should be enough, I suspect your hygrometer is off. Do a salt calibration on it.

I dry hatch and get very high hatch rates. it runs at 25 to 30% through incubation and then the chicks hatching causes it to go up to the 50% mark.

I'm not sure the actual humidity number is an issue. Its fluctuations that seem to cause the problems!

Usually temp drops a bit as humidity rises, that is okay!!
How is it going so far?
I have one egg that is pipped!! I see one other egg rocking about. That's it so far!!
Humidity is 65, isn't sticking for long so I'm adding water often through the vent hole.

I had 3 pippin at 11:30 last night and one more this morning! Your can hear tiny chirps!!! I'm so excited!!! I hate I got to work today; my daughter is off and is going to be sending pics as things happen! My humidity is 63-65% and temp staying constant at 99.

Wow, that is awesome!! Show some pictures when you get a chance! No change over here... Hoping they are okay. Had a power outage on day 17 for 5 hours... Hope they didn't die that day. Fingers crossed for my hatch!
Wow, that is awesome!! Show some pictures when you get a chance! No change over here... Hoping they are okay. Had a power outage on day 17 for 5 hours... Hope they didn't die that day. Fingers crossed for my hatch!
Mine are popping out! Have 3 hatched and several others have popped! I'm attaching a video!

I'm trying to attach a video!

I have four out of the incubator! Several more are pipping!

Attachments

• IMG_3171.JPG
    IMG_3171.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom