Lockdown is getting close and I have two hatch dates!!

Feath3rDust3r

Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2019
Altoona, IA
Help! I hoped mother nature would work in my favor here but it doesn't look like that will be happening!! I had a clutch of eggs in the incubator and then a week later a hen went broody and started to sit. After a few days she gave up so I took her eggs (8 total) and put them in the incubator. I hoped another hen would go broody before lockdown and I could give her one of the batches.

Now I have 4 days to lockdown and no broody hen!! What do I do? I've been looking for a second incubator secondhand but I haven't found one yet

Help! I hoped mother nature would work in my favor here but it doesn't look like that will be happening!! I had a clutch of eggs in the incubator and then a week later a hen went broody and started to sit. After a few days she gave up so I took her eggs (8 total) and put them in the incubator. I hoped another hen would go broody before lockdown and I could give her one of the batches.

Now I have 4 days to lockdown and no broody hen!! What do I do? I've been looking for a second incubator secondhand but I haven't found one yet
It will be ok. Just lock them down together. Keep the humidity around 65%. If you can, try to still turn the younger eggs at least one time a day.

Back
Top Bottom