lockdown temp issues

Alwayswantchics

Songster
Apr 6, 2012
Phelan, CA
Every time I go into lockdown and I remove my turner, my temp drops. Even after I adjust the thermostat as much as possible I can't get it above 96°. Does anyone know if putting a heating pad under the bator itself would help our inside under eggs.

Every time I go into lockdown and I remove my turner, my temp drops. Even after I adjust the thermostat as much as possible I can't get it above 96°. Does anyone know if putting a heating pad under the bator itself would help our inside under eggs.
First of all, are you sure you can trust your thermometer? If so, there is something wrong with your incubator, I would suspect bad wafers, but if they are shutting off early, they should do that even with the egg turner in there. What is the temperature of the surrounding room. I see you are in Calif. so that shouldn't be a problem. hhhmmm How old is the incubator? What brand?

Incubator is about 2 yrs old. It is a havibator. It is in my closet. I have thermometers in my bator. Two are digit and read the same the other is a needle kind.

Incubator is about 2 yrs old. It is a havibator. It is in my closet. I have thermometers in my bator. Two are digit and read the same the other is a needle kind.
Does it cycle on and off, or stay on all the time and still not reach temperature? If it is staying on, and still not getting warm enough, I would say you have a bad heating element. With the turner removed, there are more cubic inches of air to heat. Just a thought

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom