Lockdown time do I lay eggs on side or keep upright?

So the first little Pekin has hatched, unfortunately it didn’t do it all on its own and had some assistance, not sure if it’s anything to do with how badly detached the air cells was, I don’t know. Assisted when the membrane started going yellow and it had made no effort to go any further. It’s really weak so as soon as I can I’m going to get some vitamin and electrolytes down it. None of the others have yet made a pip, but I think I can hear the odd squeek from the egg so hopefully they’re starting! A DAY LATE! Hoping the others hatch overnight when I’m in bed and I wake up to some lovely fluffy chicks, it’s so scary and intense when helping, don’t want problems with any of the others :(
Thanks!

Attachments

• 50E1631B-D3D8-412E-9502-02555304D874.jpeg
    50E1631B-D3D8-412E-9502-02555304D874.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 12
I’m absolutely gutted 3/5 eggs are dead, 1 of them Is still alive no internal or external pip. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong 😭

They’re both pekins so the black and yellow one is a cuckoo Pekin and the grey one will be lavender Pekin, both very fluffy legs and wanted pekins In FOREVER. My two favourite colours to hatch too :) x

Back
Top Bottom