Lockdown Tomorrow! I Have a chick!

Yep saw it LOL I love watching chickies hatch
lol.png

Well I missed my last silkie hatch. I walked in sunday to candle and with all the lights out i mistaked the chick for a mouse. Luckily, I love mice. So I actually have never seen a chick hatch. Im excited because I have about a dozen more going on lockdown tomorrow.
celebrate.gif
Now Im just sitting outside my chicken room (i dont want to go in because of the heat) staring at my laptop screen watching the egg rock. Plus theres not much room for me with 2 huge brooders, an incubator, and an industrial heat lamp.

I drove my hubby nuts....I found the sound chicks chirping and downloaded it to my mp3 player hit the repeat buttom and put the ear phone on top of the bator to speed things up! Hubby just shakes his at me LOL

I already have 3 chicks peeping up a storm. Hopefully that will motivate my egg. I just hope she has all of her toes. My last chick wasnt so lucky, but he sure is cute!
big_smile.png

I have to turn my eggs. Is it safe for me to open the incubator? I have been opening it and closing it before the chick piped but will it compermise the hatch if i open it? Since tomorrow is lockdown I plan on turning them one last time and removing all the duds. Is that ok? I dont want to hurt the chick.

So tomorrow is day 18? No do not open the incubator now. You need to just leave it be now til all the eggs are hatched. A newly hatched chicken can go 3 days without food or water as it absorbs the sack. Opening the incubator drops the humidity and can compromise your hatch.

tomorrow is day 18 for the rest of my eggs. today is day 21 for my silkies. I didnt know they were incubated before I got them and one hatched 2 days ago.

I see a beak coming out of the egg that was zipping!!!
wee.gif
Ok, so I have lockdown tomorrow, but I already see my eggs rocking. I candled this morning and saw what looked like them pipping into the air sack. Should I go and start lockdown?
hu.gif

Good luck with your hatch, Monita. I never truly knew how hard it would be to wait untill now. My silkie is just taking so long! She just got started at slowly pecking away at the egg again after taking a break. I want to actually go in to the chicken room, but there is barely any room so I just have to sit here and watch the egg through my egg cam.
caf.gif
very tiring.

Back
Top Bottom