Lockdown

Maybe they are just taking their time. I've had late ones, I try not to panic until day 23. By then I'm up sneaking around with a flashlight all hours. DH just sighs, he knows I can't help it.

I hope you're right
fl.gif
..... My fiance seems surprised that I've been hovering over the bator! I told him last night I couldn't go to bed because I might miss something
big_smile.png
... I guess I'm used to waiting up for the ewes to lamb, I'm so afraid something will go wrong without me there to "help!" Not like they haven't been lambing for eons without human intervention
tongue.png

It's fun at first, but if I see one more tomato I might lose my mind. lol
I hear ya! That and apples are the only things got en mass this year.... I already had jars of tomato everything from last year, so I"m boiling them all down to make that bbq sauce - it takes forever! Next year I will not plant so many tomato plants!

I'm sure our eggs will be fine too. But just in case, I hover. And lurk with a flashlight in the middle of the night.

We haven't started with apples yet. I love canning, but went a bit overboard this year. Apples are an October thing here.

Still peeking, watching for a wiggle.

But just in case, I hover. And lurk with a flashlight in the middle of the night.

Hatching chickens is a bit like a disease, isn't it! LOL .... And we all have the same symptoms
lol.png

If it wasn't for those eggs, I have my apple butter sitting pretty in the pantry, right along side the bbq sauce!

I hope some hatch for you!

Thank you... I think it's futile at this point!
hmm.png
However, I just added more water to the wells!

I was bidding on some more on ebay, but it's up to $50 now, and I'm not paying that for 6 eggs that likely won't hatch..... I bought 6 a few days ago and I shouldn't have... They'll be here Saturday. I just don't have much faith in shipped eggs after this.

Yes, I've candled several over the last couple of nights.... I thought one was moving, a couple days ago, but when I candled it, I couldn't tell for sure it was alive - probably just wishful thinking on my part! I'll give them until tomorrow evening and then pull the plug. Have you ever heard of eggs hatching after day 23?

You almost feel like you've lost a child
sad.png
. Bizarre. Those eggs probably never had a chance!

No, I've never heard of it after day 23. Where are the hatching experts?

I'm staring at my eggs, trying to will them to wiggle. Nothing. So of course I am freaking out over here. DH is modifying the coop to be able to separate the little ones from the big ducks and chickens. Hopefully he needs to. ack.

No, I've never heard of it after day 23. Where are the hatching experts?

I'm staring at my eggs, trying to will them to wiggle. Nothing.
Oh yes, that familiar feeling......
hmm.png
Well, I hope they do start wiggling
hugs.gif

Yes, DH is probably thinking the same thing! He'd hate to do all that remodeling for nothing
ep.gif

I had one start pipping after I got out of the shower this morning, went to get ready when I came back another started!! I could even hear one chirping!! So far its 2 out of 9! I'm so excited, this is my third try so hopefully I'll have some babies when I get home from work!! It was so hard leaving this morning but work is the only thing preventing me from hovering over the incubator lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom