locked myself in the run, TWICE NOW.

Pat,
No offense taken, the funny thing to me was both times I went to get out I had that, oh crap feeling and really glad no one could see me having to crawl through that hole. Did I mention it's about two feet off the ground, not easy.

If it make you feel better I have a juvie coop thats maybe 4.5 ft tall on the inside (triangle roof) and one day my bff was here and we had guests arrive. Well the door is a hook latch thing and friend for got I was locked in any I had to stand in a small space hunch backed for a good 10 minutes. Im 5'1 5'2 (and thankfully still growing) but that was VERY long and uncomfortable
tongue.gif
. Did I mention no one could hear my LET ME OUT!!!!! screams?
rant.gif

I fully understand. This spring when I went in to the chicken house the wind blew a large wooden panel in front of the door and blocked it, It would not budge, not even an inch. Of coiurse I did not take my phone as I thought I would "only be a minute". Hubby did not come and find me for 30 minutes! I was not a happy person. But I did learn a lesson.
Gram

Quote:
We've got a set up like that on our pen door. The string goes through a hole DH drilled in the door. But the string has slid through a couple of times. Luckily I can reach the latch through the wire if I have to. Makes me nervous though.

When I was at the store buying the hardware for my coop door I had just put one of those self latching latches in my cart when I suddenly remembered reading a post on here about someone locking themselves inside. I mentioned it to my wife who gave me that "it would never happen" look and then after a few seconds she told me to buy something else. Although embarrassing, I do appreciate these posts where we can all learn a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom