Log Chicken Cabin

cottonduck

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Since Nifty-Chicken sent me an email telling me I've never posted on here I suppose it's about time. Believe me folks the information on here is priceless and I especially love the underground chicken coops.
Since I have a woodlot and my dwelling is a log cabin I decided to stick with the theme and build a 8'x8' log cabin for my new chickens. All in all it probably did not cost me more than $150. I bought cement blocks and cement, PT rafters and gasoline for this project. Check out my blog entry about it!

http://savinghomestead.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html

Very cool! Love the log house!!

Glad you shared! Enjoyed your blog.
smile.png

First of all...
welcome-byc.gif

Great job on the coop. I was expecting to see a coop made out of landscape timbers when I followed the link. Boy was I surprised, love the rustic look.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! We had a lot of fun building this coop.

I think the next plan is to add an earth sheltered waterer off the side of the cement block base. And maybe some grain bins to mix my own grain!! Any ideas? Grain bins seems to be SO expensive and HUGE.

cottonduck I have been enjoying your blog the last few hours. You live in such a beautiful way and place. I have friends who are homesteaders in Alaska. I have so many questions.....I may e mail you off post. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom