Lohmann Brown Hens

Hi ,im also a new chicken person ,I just brought 5, 18mth old lowmann hens ,they seem to be missing most of the feathers around there bums and tail ,i have read that this could be due to stress of being in such a large number of chooks and a small space to move around ,can anyone tell me if this is the case, but on a good note they seem to be loveing there new hen house ,ive strawed up the nesting boxes and put perches up and hang CD's around to play with ,is there anything else i need to no on feeding worming etc ,i have just put them on laying pallets and veg sraps. and also how long do i keep them in hen house before leting them out to roam around.

We've got 4 of these birds -- we got them from Cuntrybumkin above.. We picked them up in mid August and they're doing great.. One of them is developing a bit slower than the other 3 and all of them love to fly around the box we're keeping them in until they're a little older. Even though we live in the Los Angeles area we still do have hawks that occasionally stop by -- so we need to ensure our chicks are safe until they're bigger and the hawks (which aren't that big) can't bother them.. They left our older birds alone once they were full sized as the hens were bigger than the hawks.. Anyway, I'll see if I can post some pics.. These birds are very friendly and a little chatty at this age (<1 month)

Hi
We have had some Lohman hens for several years and they are still laying! Where in NZ could we get some more?
Amy

I have sixteen Lohman Browns, they are good natured birds!
Here are some pics of em'!

Last edited:
I just picked up 25 chicks from Morris Hatchery in Miami. I had planned on picking up ISA browns, but they no longer carry them. They have replaced them with the Lohmann Brown.
This is my first attempt at chickens. Picked up the week old chicks today. That's putting pressure on me to finish the coop.

I just picked up 25 chicks from Morris Hatchery in Miami. I had planned on picking up ISA browns, but they no longer carry them. They have replaced them with the Lohmann Brown.
This is my first attempt at chickens. Picked up the week old chicks today. That's putting pressure on me to finish the coop.
oh
Good Luck!!

I was told yesterday that Lohmann Roosters are quite a disappointing creature. They sell them at $0.25 each. They assume they are going to feed people's pets. You might want to try a different breed for your roosters. Just the info I got yesterday when I picked up my 25 hen chicks.

Back
Top Bottom